Wow, I haven't blogged since last year! And since I have no current inspiration I might as well respond to Jeremy's tag (as much as I love such silliness) to see if that gets me over the hump. So, 5 things people may not know about me:
1. I guess some would call it philology, but I'm sure none of the card-carrying members would admit knowing me. I love words and language. I love learning languages and pondering over odd spellings, pronunciations, grammar, and etymologies, at which no other language comes close to English. For instance, did you know that the construction 'ough' is pronounced 8 different ways? What's not to love?!
2. I have a dot of darker hair on the back of my head (hey, they can't all be deep and introspective!).
3. I've played almost every sport for school teams or club teams except hockey...and I still consider myself Canadian...sacrilege!!!
4. I took 7 years of piano lessons, but could barely hold together a performance of 'chopsticks' today.
5. I thoroughly enjoy thwarting chain letters and blog tags.
And with that I tag...NO ONE! Ahahahaha!!